Swim with Minke Whales and explore the Ribbon Reefs
Thursday 14th July to Monday 18th July 2022
Green Level Trip
There are few opportunities in a lifetime where you can experience the thrill of sharing the water with a creature as magnificent as a whale. It’s only during the months of June and July, that divers may have the opportunity to interact with Minke Whales in the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef. It is a unique and remarkable encounter. During this trip, we spend lots of time exploring the amazing dive sites of the remote Ribbon Reef, with an underlying focus at all times to maximise in water encounters with the whales.
- Minkes - Dedicated time to find and swim with the whales.
- Continental Shelf - Dive on the edge of the shelf, exposed to currents and an abundance of life.
- Ribbon Reefs - Great fish and coral diversity.
- Cod Hole - Swim with diver size potato cod.
- Steve's Bommie - A highlight with an incredible array of weird and wonderful marine creatures.
- Flying Finish - Spectacular 250km low level scenic flight over the reef from Cairns to Lizard Island.
- Cairns City transfers
- 4 nights aboard Mike Ball liveaboard
- Up to 12 in-water sessions
- Twin or double cabins
- Delicious meals and snacks
- Wine & soft drink with evening meals
- Scenic flight from Lizard island to Cairns
- Dive computer workshop
- Reef ecology programme
- Airfare to/from Cairns
- Mandatory reef tax $50pp
- Gear hire
- Minimum Open Water Diver (must have 10 dives logged including boat dives)
- Club price (twin bunk beds, private bathroom) - $2,785pp
- Budget price (twin bunk beds, share bathroom) - $2,426pp
- Full gear rental - $175 for duration of the trip
Cover Image thanks to Mike Ball Expeditions.
Can't find the dates you want? Please call us on +61 (02) 9977 4355 or email email@example.com