Tec 40 + 45 Trimix
Start your Technical diving adventure
Once you’ve successfully completed your Fundamentals course with a Rec pass, you’re ready to start your technical diver training with the combined Tec 40 and Tec 45 Trimix course.
As you cross over from the recreational to technical depth range the use of helium in your diving mix is important to combat the very noticeable effects of narcosis and increased gas density. During technical dives it’s critical to be alert and able to respond effectively if problems arise. Diver safety is paramount, so at Dive Centre Manly Trimix is an important and integral gas choice for all technical dives. Not only will this increase your clarity and enjoyment of dives in the technical range it will also give you a qualification to use light helium mixtures.
• Plan and execute accelerated decompression dives up to 45m, allowing more bottom time and opening up more dive sites.
• Learn about Trimix theory, gain an understanding of gas blending and develop more knowledge of decompression theory
• Qualify to use light Trimix mixtures to combat narcosis
• Earn the certification to access 20+ technical wrecks in Sydney
• Prepare yourself for Tec 50 Trimix
• GUE Fundamentals (minimum Rec pass)
• PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
• Minimum 50 logged dives
• PADI Trimix manual
• Planning slates
• Digital Tec manual
• All gas costs
• Certification as Tec 40 and Tec 45 Trimix.
• Equipment: Stage tanks and regulators can be hired for use during the course but it is essential for students to invest in their own equipment for diving at this level.
Prior to the start of the course please consult us about equipment packages and options to suit you.